The Library has been providing information services to the Department of Psychiatry and its affiliated programs at the Jewish General Hospital (JGH) since 1969. We are a McGill University partner library alongside the JGH Health Sciences Library.
Hours and Access
Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM to 12:00 and 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
except Tuesdays: 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM (librarian in Pavilion M)
Outside staffed hours, access is restricted to JGH staff and students currently in placements at JGH.
Teodora Constantinescu, Librarian
Phone: (514) 340-8222 Local 5243
e-mail : email@example.com
Dr. Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library
Institute of Community and Family Psychiatry
4333 Côte Ste.-Catherine
Montréal, Québec, H3T 1E4
Collections and Services
The collection is open to all for consultation on site during staffed hours. Direct borrowing and specialized services however are offered to staff and students at the Jewish General Hospital only. If you are a JGH staff or affiliate check the JGH Libraries Borrowing Information. Non-JGH affiliates can request material from our collection through their institution's library via the Interlibrary Loan services.
The Library offers:
- Borrowing from a specialized Collection of over 2500 book titles and 40 print journal titles and audio-visual material on: general psychiatry, clinical psychology, psychotherapies with a focus on psychodynamic therapy, couple and family therapy, child psychiatry and more.
- Catalogue of the Dr Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library's collection, a sub-catalogue of McGill Libraries catalogue allowing for searching, checking availability, renewals and more.
- Child Psychiatry Sub-Collection of over 100 titles to support staff and parents of children in treatment at the JGH Centre for Child Development and Mental Health (Pavilion M)
- Interlibrary Loans (ILL codes: QMJGI/ PQCMRO)
- Reference and document delivery
- Literature searches
- Course related or thematic bibliographies
- Taylor-made Individual and group training, specifically in Evidence Based Practice
- Support for Journal Clubs
- Six upgraded networked computers
- Networked printer
- Study space